There are some roles that we’re particularly looking for help with, around our network.
Social Media specialist – Cambridge City of Sanctuary
Someone who can run our Twitter and Facebook accounts, and maybe set up an Instagram as well, trying to improve our reach. Re-posting relevant messages will be fine as a backbone of activity, but we should get some local issues circulating as well. If you were up for getting in touch with the press about some of our campaigns as well then even better.
Campaigner – Cambridge Must Act
As part of Europe Must Act and UK Must Act, Cambridge Must Act is campaigning for the immediate and safe decongestion of the Aegean Island refugee camps, and for a more humane asylum policy across Europe. More locally, we are campaigning for Cambridge and Cambridgeshire to accept asylum seekers from the Aegean Islands, as well as resettling and supporting refugees more widely.
We are looking for anyone in Cambridge or the Cambridgeshire area who is interested in getting involved in the campaign group. Commitment can be as flexible as you like, and in various forms.
Please fill in our Google form if you think you might be interested!
Fundraising Events Coordinator – CamCRAG
CamCRAG is a registered charity that sends regular convoys of volunteers and aid from the Cambridge region to help refugees in Europe. We collect donations, hold fundraising events, fund projects overseas, and raise awareness of the refugee crisis. CamCRAG is looking for a new Fundraising Coordinator to support fundraising events and community activities.
As the Fundraising Coordinator, you would:
- Be responsible for the CamCRAG Fundraising Team’s activities and the coordination of fundraising events
- Develop and implement strategies and successful initiatives to maximise income from fundraising
- Coordinate planning of fundraising events held on behalf of CamCRAG
- Organise meetings of the Fundraising Team
- Attend CamCRAG meetings of the Executive Committee on behalf of the Fundraising Team
- Monitor and periodically report Fundraising Team’s initiatives, plans, and achievements to the CamCRAG committee
- Support and encourage existing individual and group volunteer fundraisers
- Recruit and maintain growing Fundraising Team members
- Ensure that local fundraising, community events, activities, activities, and collections are run effectively, well supported, and operate within legal guidelines
- Maintain Fundraising team google mail account
To register your interest please email Marissa Green at [email protected]. Please include any information about your previous experience or how you may manage the roles and responsibilities above.